SHAKESPEARE SHORT COURSE
Please note: This short course is now sold out.
Dates & Times: 23rd, 24th & 25th February, 19:00 – 22:00 (GMT)
Three Sessions: £150
Please note: Payments are made in British Pound Sterling (£) only.)
OPEN TO NON-STUDENTS AND STUDENTS, PLACES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Learning lessons from the Classics for the contemporary actor, with Scott Ellis.
During this intensive Master Course, you will build on finding clarity, variety and specificity in the text, while building your skill in finding precision in performance.
- Monologue surgery – you will complete the course with an audition ready classical speech.
- Intensive scene study of Shakespeare’s duologues.
- Applying techniques for Classical Theatre to contemporary texts both for stage and screen.
- How to use the audience when there is no fourth wall.
- How to use Shakespeare’s text as resistance training for contemporary script work, applying the rigour and analysis of Classical Theatre to modern texts.
- Hints and tips to take from the punctuation and the verse – how to fully understand what the rhythm and structure is telling us, and how to use that to build dynamic, impactful performances.
In This Section