Freshers Assessment Criteria
At the end of the term all Freshers will be required to prepare a 5 minute long duologue, which will be presented in-front of selected members of faculty.
All Freshers are required to perform a duologue lasting no longer than 5 minutes.
You will be required to source a partner, one of your fellow classmates to work with on your presentation. You must prepare your duologue in your own time.
Below are specific criteria that you must follow. Please ensure that you read, understand and follow them.
1. No props or set are to be used, including chairs.
2. Students must be in uniform, have minimal makeup and heels are not permitted.
3. Roles must be age and gender appropriate.
4. Student must use their native accent.
5. Duologues must be from a published play, no other source.
6. Scenes must not be edited.
7. Please ensure that the duologue is shared equally and does not begin with a monologue.
30% of the final grade will be based on your class work throughout the term.
70% of the grade will be based on your performance at the Presentation.
The overall mark will determine if you continue at IDSA and the level group you will be placed into (i.e. Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced, Semi Professional, or Professional).
All students will perform their piece in front of selected members of the Faculty.
Please note: It is compulsory for students to take part in their assessment in order to graduate.